For 13 years, more than 5,000 UC students, staff, faculty (and their families) have traveled to China on a cross-cultural exchange trip sponsored by The Legends of China (LOC), a non-profit Chinese foundation dedicated to improving US-Chinese ties and working relationships.
This year, in addition to enjoying a variety of cultural experiences, including a trip to the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, health science participants begin their Silk Road experience with a two-day Chinese Traditional Medical Symposium.
Medical Symposium Highlights:
- Collaborate with Chinese university students, faculty, and staff at China's top-ranked Peking University.
- Learn more about academic, research, and teaching opportunities, as well as internships, tailored to your specific interests.
- Study the Chinese health care system and its integration of western medicine with the 5000-year-old practice of Chinese Traditional Medicine.
- Visit premier Chinese clinical and research facilities and interact with renowned Chinese health experts from academia and industry to learn, network, and exchange ideas.
- Gain exclusive access to Chinese hospitals.
- And more!
In addition, the 2013 Legends of China: Silk Road to the Future trip includes:
Academic Matching Program (faculty and staff):
Tailored one-on-one experiences: Indicate your academic interest on the registration form and The Silk Road Program will match you with your academically matched facilities and faculty in China.
Study and Internship Match Program (students):
During the program, internship and study-in-Chinese seminars will be provided, as well as a half-day internship to provide experience concerning the nature of China internships. The program will suggest, advise, and help to fulfill your study/internship plan.
The 2013 Legends of China: Silk Road to the Future trip offers a choice of four trip itineraries:
- Trip A : 7 days, 1 city: Beijing, from $1586 (July 10-16) - View sample itinerary.
- Trip B: 10 days, 4 cities : Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou from $1986 (July 9-18)
- Trip C: 11 days, 4 cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian (Terra Colta Soliders), Suzhou from $2486 (July 7-17)
- Trip D: 12 days, 4 cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Hong Kong from $2986 (July 11-22)
Each package includes:
- Round trip international airline ticket
- Chinese Traditional Medical Symposium
- Ground transportation
- Four-five star hotel stays
- Three meals per day
- Travel insurance
- Educational exchange programs/events
- Historical site tours
Registration and more information:
For more infrmation please visit: www.legendsofchina.com or attend a UCSF info session:
- Parnassus: noon-1 p.m., Tuesday, February 25 at the Multicultural Resource Center, Millberry Union West, Room 123
- Mission Bay: noon-1 p.m., Wednesday, February 27, Mission Bay Student Resource Center, 550 A-2 Gene Friend Way
To register, please visit the health science participants registration page. Deadline to register: May 1, 2013. Space is limited, so register ASAP to secure your seats.
Visit www.legendsofchina.com for more information or contact Kari Stewart, Special Projects Director, Student Academic Affairs.