525 Nelson Rising Lane #501
San Francisco, CA 94158
Rentals can only be booked and paid for by the department or unit that is inviting the international scholar.
- $50 per night for a single room in 3-bedroom furnished apartment with 2 shared bathrooms, at UCSF Mission Bay Campus with a 2-week minimum stay and a 3-month maximum stay
- $150 per night for a 3-bedroom furnished apartment with 2 shared bathrooms, at UCSF Mission Bay Campus with a 2-week minimum stay and a 3-month maximum stay
Features and Information
- Only available to scholars/trainees/staff visiting from other countries and invited by a department or unit. Priority to international scholars in program exchanges. International post-docs (or other visitors) needing housing for a year or more are limited to two (2) months for transitional housing needs.
- Reservations are made through the inviting department or unit and must be paid by fund transfer at time of reservation
- Full refund will be given for any days that are cancelled at least 30 days or more before the start date of occupancy. Refunds for cancellation less than thirty (30) days before move-in or for early move-out depend on re-rental of space and subject to an administrative fee of $50.
- Some partial subsidies available for scholars-in-need from Low and Middle Income Countries, who are not on a funded program. Questions about this may be addressed to email@example.com. Please provide explanatory information.
- Each visitor will receive a key and orientation upon check-in from the On-site Housing Services office
- Apartment has dishwasher, garbage disposal, ovens/range and refrigerator, table, chairs, cooking and eating utensils, pots, pans, and dishes, carpeting and window blinds
- Apartment living room has furniture, television and cable TV with international channels
- Bedroom has twin bed, sheets, blanket, pillow, bath towel, desk, chair, drawers, closet and hangers
- Spacious common laundry rooms, pay per load
- No smoking or pets in the building or on campus. Single occupancy for each bedroom; no overnight guests; no tenants under 21 years of age for single room rentals; no sublets; other UCSF contract requirements in effect
- Ethernet service and wireless (Wi-Fi) internet included (pre-activated data ports in each room)
- Walking distance to Genentech Hall, Gladstone Institute, Rock Hall, Byers Hall, Baker Fitness and Recreation Center (additional fee), China Basin, Giants Stadium and Caltrain Station
- Frequent UCSF shuttles connect to all other UCSF locations, local supermarkets and shopping districts
- Library, restaurants, cafes, pub, nearby ATMs are all on campus
- Public MUNI train (T-Third line) is next to the building on Third Street
- Wednesday bi-weekly cleaning service for common areas (kitchen, bath, living room, and hall)
- Watch a Mission Bay (MB) video tour
- Use the UCSF International Scholar Short-Term-Stay Apartment Reservation System to make a reservation.
From the Airport
- Getting here from the Airport is best by Shuttle, $16 (approximate).
- We recommend: Go Lorries Airport Shuttle (English) or Go Lorries Airport Shuttle (Chinese)
- Taxis will service the Mission Bay neighborhood, $40 (approximate) from SFO airport. It is important to tell the driver to go to the UCSF Housing Office at 1505 4th Street. DO NOT tell the driver just to go to “UCSF,” otherwise they will end up at Parnassus.
UCSF Housing Office
- Check in at the UCSF Housing Office at Mission Bay from 8 am-5 pm, non-holiday weekdays
- Check out is by 11 am, non-holiday weekdays
- Address: 1505 4th Street #101, San Francisco, CA 94143-3100
- Phone: 415.514.4550
- Map to UCSF Housing Office (use 1505 4th Street, San Francisco for destination):
Need More Information?
Please call 415.476.1773 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.