NOTE: These policies are currently under review and may no longer be up to date (May 2018).

Faculty interested in pursuing international collaborations 

Department- or Area-Specific: Please confer with your Division Chair and/or Dean

Institution-Wide: For collaborations with developing countries, please contact Global Health Sciences (GHS), see Key Contacts; collaborations with all others that involve institution-wide agreements, contact the Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost (EVCP), see Key Contacts.


  • Assess collaboration with respect to Guiding Principles for collaboration
  • If focus is specific to one area of research, contact Department Chair and Dean
  • If Institutional-wide MoU is needed, contact EVCP office (for developing countries, GHS office)
  • For Institution-wide MoUs, develop general MoU with partner institution. Addendums may be generated as appropriate for specific work or projects
  • Communicate with all key contacts indicated (EVCP/GHS, Legal, ISSO, Housing) to ensure all parts of the process are covered